FreedomToFascism.blogspot.com

The unofficial blog.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

CNBC Bette Midler/Michael Eisner on Aaron Russo



Michael Eisner interviewed Bette Midler on April 26, 2006. Aaron Russo managed Bette's career for several years, incuding casting her as Janice Joplin in his movie, The Rose.

BETTE MIDLER:
Well, it came at just the right time for me, because I had had-- big success with The Rose. And-- I never got another job. I never got another phone call. The studio eventually called me back and said, "Well, we'll make a-- we'll do--" this was during the time of Jinxed, my second picture. I lost my manager-- or excuse me, I excused my manager.

MICHAEL EISNER:
Aaron Russo?

BETTE MIDLER:
I left my manager, the famous Aaron Russo, who was a real-- I-- I have to say, a real light n my life. He was a very exciting person to-- to be in business with.

MICHAEL EISNER:
He recently ran for Governor--

BETTE MIDLER:
He--

MICHAEL EISNER:
--of Nevada.

BETTE MIDLER:
--yes. He was-- he's a fearless kinda guy.

MICHAEL EISNER:
He's got a documentary out-- about to come out, about how you don't have to pay your axes.

BETTE MIDLER:
(LAUGHS) That sounds right.

MICHAEL EISNER:
I've seen it.

Click here for more